You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After recent update on Macbook Air M1, printer is gone

I recently got an update on my Macbook Air M1 and somehow, I no longer have my printer installed. Even worse, I can't seem to install a driver. Adding a printer doesn't display the one I currently have on my network. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 12:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 4:55 PM

My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8710. Not sure if they updated from HP. If they did, I went to HP and downloaded another set of drives. They installed just fine. But when I went in to add them by clicking the + button, no printers were there. It's odd. I'm going to try matching my Wi-Fi which is on 5G to match the printer 2G to see if that makes a difference. Really odd though. BRB.

Edit: That did it but let me explain the details. What I mean is, after the update, when my MacBook Air reconnected to Wi-Fi, it grabbed Wi-Fi from my Wi-Fi extender located in the back of my house. Which apparently has one bangin' signal even where it's located. Anyway, then I re-connected to my 5G band, the printers reappeared. Mystery solved.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2022 4:55 PM in response to Tesserax

My printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8710. Not sure if they updated from HP. If they did, I went to HP and downloaded another set of drives. They installed just fine. But when I went in to add them by clicking the + button, no printers were there. It's odd. I'm going to try matching my Wi-Fi which is on 5G to match the printer 2G to see if that makes a difference. Really odd though. BRB.

Edit: That did it but let me explain the details. What I mean is, after the update, when my MacBook Air reconnected to Wi-Fi, it grabbed Wi-Fi from my Wi-Fi extender located in the back of my house. Which apparently has one bangin' signal even where it's located. Anyway, then I re-connected to my 5G band, the printers reappeared. Mystery solved.

After recent update on Macbook Air M1, printer is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.