You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my air pod pros just stopped connecting out of nowhere. pairing, resetting to factory default, restarting etc. nothing works. only 6 months old. This is a problem for apple 200 dollars later. Not happy

My air pod pros just stopped connecting out of nowhere. pairing, resetting to factory default, restarting etc. nothing works. only 6 months old. They appear to be charging fine but will not connect to any device. Extremely frustrating considering what I paid for them. Would love guidance that may get them working again. Or if it's best to switch to a different brand. Apple products have been slacking lately so maybe it's time. Money doesn't grow on trees..

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 11:13 PM

Since they are still under warranty it should be no problem to get them replaced:

AirPods and AirPods Case Replacement - Official Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 18, 2022 8:21 PM in response to lanady

Hey there, just thought I'd pop in and tell you what literally just happened for me that got mine to connect again (I was having exact same issue and had tried every logical fix up to page 3 on Google search). For context, I have an iPhone 11, and my connection issue started right after ios 15.2 update. So it occurred to me a minute ago that it would be more helpful to figure out if it was an issue on the phone's end, or the airpods, so I tried connecting them to my husband's android phone. Just to be safe, I left my phone in another room with the bluetooth turned off and did another reset on the airpods.

Then: (1) turned on Android bluetooth and put it in pairing mode. Waited a few seconds to make sure it was looking for devices.

(2) held the reset button on airpods until it started flashing white, and checked to see that the android was seeing the airpods

**maybe a one-off, but weirdly, they were showing up in the list with the name I had originally given them despite multiple resets, and his phone "couldn't communicate with them". So...

(3) Turned off android Bluetooth, did another airpod reset, and tried pairing them again.

(4) It worked! They showed up as just standard Airpod Pros and worked when tested O.O

(5) Did one more reset bc I'm paranoid, and then lo and behold, they connected to my phone for the first time in several months.

Not sure if any of this will help your specific situation, but I absolutely understand the frustration and thought I'd share just in case. I suspect that something was getting hung up in the communication between Apple devices, and that maybe having the airpods "try a different language" sort of snapped them out of it...whatever 'it' was. Good luck if you try this, hope it works for you!

my air pod pros just stopped connecting out of nowhere. pairing, resetting to factory default, restarting etc. nothing works. only 6 months old. This is a problem for apple 200 dollars later. Not happy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.