You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K is showing black shadows on the screen of my tv after updating to tv os 15.3

I don’t know if this is normal , but after updating to tv os 15.3 I have just realize my screen of my tv is showing two dark shadows in grey backgrounds; and it’s odd and weird . I didn’t see this before. I was wondering if someone is experiencing this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:57 AM

Assuming nothing is wrong with your screen …

Certain Apple TV screens can show a transparency, with a blurred soft version of the screen saver shining through.

If a screen saver clip has two dark corners at one time, then that might be visible in other apps.

If it bothers you, then you can turn off the transparency, for a flat look instead. Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Display﹥Reduce Transparency﹥Off|On

Example:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2022 3:57 AM in response to damagapple

Assuming nothing is wrong with your screen …

Certain Apple TV screens can show a transparency, with a blurred soft version of the screen saver shining through.

If a screen saver clip has two dark corners at one time, then that might be visible in other apps.

If it bothers you, then you can turn off the transparency, for a flat look instead. Settings﹥Accessibility﹥Display﹥Reduce Transparency﹥Off|On

Example:

Apple TV 4K is showing black shadows on the screen of my tv after updating to tv os 15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.