You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.3 - call drop issue

Has anyone noticed or faced issue with calls being dropped after updating to 15.3?

Every call within 60 secs gets dropped and call back immediately (for next 2mins) says CALL FAILED!

noticed this only after updating it to ios 15.3 on iPhone 12pro max

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:51 AM

I have the same issue with my iPhone 7 plus since upgrading to 15.3. All outgoing calls fail and when I receive incoming calls, the other party cannot hear me. Funnily, this works ok, if I use my bluetooth headset to make and receive calls.

6 replies

Feb 4, 2022 7:53 AM in response to girish265

Hello,

I have found a similar issue after iOS 15.3 update where my earpiece speaker completely stopped working on calls. I have not found a fix for it yet but enabling hearing aid compatibility helps to enable the speaker but the voice is extremely low.

There are multiple users on the internet complaining about the same issue so please do check if enabling hearing aid compatibility starts your earpiece speaker as well.

Yes, calling works normally with Bluetooth headsets / Speaker mode.

Regards

Mar 20, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Sikander.S

Release of ios 15.4 makes the calls even more worst!

min this new release the active calls goes dead after a minute or two. Disconnecting and calling back again does not connect the call at all!

so the work around i tried is switch the phone to Airplane mode and back. The call connects!

PLUS: FaceTime video calls lags! I see my own video ghost trail. It’s not network lag as I tested in various other networks!

iOS 15.3 - call drop issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.