You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power button

My power button isn’t working at all everytime I try to power my phone off it doesn’t let me how can I fix this ?

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 8:09 AM

Thank you for your reply

I can give you a temporary solution to your issue if the power button is running intermittently, by activating Assistive touch by going to settings >accessibility >touch >Assistive touch.

Then go back to the accessibility page > side button <side button confirmation and choose Enable Verification with Assistive touch. You will be asked to double-click the side button and will ask for the device password and you will be asked again to click twice on the side button and then you don’t need to click on the side button again

But remember this is a temporary solution and I advise you to go to the nearest Apple dealer to fix the problem for you.

Have a great day

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Ufwzi1

Thank you for your reply

I can give you a temporary solution to your issue if the power button is running intermittently, by activating Assistive touch by going to settings >accessibility >touch >Assistive touch.

Then go back to the accessibility page > side button <side button confirmation and choose Enable Verification with Assistive touch. You will be asked to double-click the side button and will ask for the device password and you will be asked again to click twice on the side button and then you don’t need to click on the side button again

But remember this is a temporary solution and I advise you to go to the nearest Apple dealer to fix the problem for you.

Have a great day

Power button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.