You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing iCalendar so two people add/delete modify

My wife and I both have iPads. We share a calendar (iCal), to post appointments, trips and so forth. The issue is that since I’m the organizer, she can’t modify or delete anything I posted. I on the other hand, I can delete/change anything she posts. How can it be set so both people can make changes and modifications to any appointment?

Thank you in advance.

PC

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2022 7:35 PM in response to ShortBlack6857

The setting of view/edit for her did not allow her to edit an existing appointment of mine. It seems not to work. The only option she has is to unsubscribe from the calendar and no other options.

Change a person’s access to a shared calendar

After you invite a person to share your calendar, you can turn on or off their ability to edit the calendar, or stop sharing the calendar with that person.

1. Tap , tap  next to the shared calendar, then tap the person.
  2. Do any of the following:
    • Turn on or off Allow Editing.
    • Tap Stop Sharing.

Feb 2, 2022 10:06 PM in response to pcman3550

Thank you.

I can offer one more suggestion, which is an option I use, but that is to add the email account to the iPad as opposed to sharing:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account

You can then deselect the options: Mail, Contacts etc and only ensure Calendar remains selected.

This may need the other persons approval (may send a code to the device e.g. two factor authentication) but it allows full editing of the account in Calendar and be able to see each others Calendar and can also identify each others Calendar by choosing different colours.

Sharing iCalendar so two people add/delete modify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.