You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!

I tried to use damp micro fibre cloth to clean but it still leaves an oily smudge on the screen. I tried using whoosh too, something apple use's to clean devices in stores but that doesn't work either. I've only had this for like a month.

What going on?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:18 PM

ahmadiba Said:

"My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!: I tried to use damp micro fibre cloth to clean but it still leaves an oily smudge on the screen. I tried using whoosh too, something apple use's to clean devices in stores but that doesn't work either. I've only had this for like a month. What going on?"

-------

Your screen was not properly cleaned.

So, you'll have to get a new screen.

Learn from this. Here is what to Perform: How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2022 9:18 PM in response to ahmadiba

ahmadiba Said:

"My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!: I tried to use damp micro fibre cloth to clean but it still leaves an oily smudge on the screen. I tried using whoosh too, something apple use's to clean devices in stores but that doesn't work either. I've only had this for like a month. What going on?"

-------

Your screen was not properly cleaned.

So, you'll have to get a new screen.

Learn from this. Here is what to Perform: How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

My new Macbook pro screen cant be cleaned?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.