You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parental controls/managing contacts

Please help if you can: My kid is unable to add her friends to her contacts. I do have parental controls set up on her phone, mostly to keep her from using her phone 80 hours a day, but I do want her to be able to add her friends to contacts. I've tried everything to fix this.

She has an iphone 6

Please help!

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 7:40 AM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2022 9:59 AM in response to michaluna

Hello there michaluna,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We see you want to keep parental controls on your daughter's iPhone, but allow them to still be able to add or edit contacts.

To get started, what exactly happens right now when she tries to add a new contact? Do you have Screen Time or restrictions enabled that also prevents access to Contacts?

If so, you'll want to use the information in the resource at the top of this page to edit your parental controls so she will have full access to Contacts: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

For example, you can set it up so specific apps are always allowed to be used as shown here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

parental controls/managing contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.