You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some punctuation keys on my new Apple Magic keyboard are wrong

how do I fix punctuation keys on

magic keyboard

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 11:21 AM

Normally this happens because you have the wrong keyboard mapping set on your device. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure you have the mapping you want checked there (and NOT "automatic" or something else).

If you would provided details about how your keys are not working right, we could tell you what your wrong mapping is.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2022 11:21 AM in response to Hathaway33

Normally this happens because you have the wrong keyboard mapping set on your device. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure you have the mapping you want checked there (and NOT "automatic" or something else).

If you would provided details about how your keys are not working right, we could tell you what your wrong mapping is.

Jan 21, 2022 12:09 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thx, Tom I tried that and it returned the comma to the right key. Now I can]t use the apostrophe `SEE IN CANT9, OR THE PARENS (((****, OR THE dash ////, colon >>>, semi colon <, the ampersand, up carrot, right and left carrots, question mark =plus sign.

Would appreciate any help. This is a new iPad and new magic keyboard. I]ve updated the software. What do you thinkz___—-

Jan 21, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Hathaway33

Hathaway33 wrote:

Thx, Tom I tried that and it returned the comma to the right key. Now I can]t use the apostrophe `SEE IN CANT9, OR THE PARENS (((****, OR THE dash ////, colon >>>, semi colon <, the ampersand, up carrot, right and left carrots, question mark =plus sign.

Would appreciate any help. This is a new iPad and new magic keyboard. I]ve updated the software. What do you thinkz___—-

You seem to still have the wrong mapping. Tell me exactly what layout you checked after tapping over at the right edge of the Hardware Keyboard setting, and also what language your Magic Keyboard is.

Some punctuation keys on my new Apple Magic keyboard are wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.