You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos has stopped syncing with iCloud

Mac Photos has stopped syncing with iCloud But the iCloud account is up to date it's my mac photos app which is missing my latest files I have seen a few previous responses and they seemed focused on The Mac being up to date, not iCloud I also note that warning messages about making the out of date the system version to sync with suggesting that the file on iCloud not on my mac will be deleted. which is not what I want to do

Any suggestions?

Mac Pro, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 2:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 3:16 PM

Hi - First - deletions will only happen if the photos have been actively deleted from a library. Not if they are not there yet. (It is possible to sync with an empty library for example - that doesn't result in iCloud being emptied).

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2022 3:16 PM in response to Graeme Armitage1

Hi - First - deletions will only happen if the photos have been actively deleted from a library. Not if they are not there yet. (It is possible to sync with an empty library for example - that doesn't result in iCloud being emptied).

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac

Mac Photos has stopped syncing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.