You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I'm going to be setting up a new iPhone from my old iPhone but I wanted to know if I should transfer my SIM card first before I transfer all my data from old phone

Hi I'm going to be setting up a new iPhone from my old iPhone but I wanted to know if I should transfer my SIM card first before I transfer all my data from old phone

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 8:21 AM

When you upgrade, the new iPhones have an eSIM built-in.

The moment you sign in with your Apple ID, your new iPhone will activate and your old one will deactivate simultaneously.

From there, you will be prompted for a device-to-device wireless transfer.

Be patient because everything (settings, apps, home screen layout, all preferences) will transfer during this process.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2022 8:21 AM in response to Bill0306

When you upgrade, the new iPhones have an eSIM built-in.

The moment you sign in with your Apple ID, your new iPhone will activate and your old one will deactivate simultaneously.

From there, you will be prompted for a device-to-device wireless transfer.

Be patient because everything (settings, apps, home screen layout, all preferences) will transfer during this process.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.