You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in

If I trade in my current ipad for a newer model, is at safe to assume I will receive the new ipad first so I can transfer my personal info from old to new before returning old?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 10:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 10:57 AM

If you select the trade-in option from the purchasing page of your new iPad, the shipping kit required to return your trade-in will itself be shipped to you shortly after you receive your new iPad. This provides opportunity to transfer data from your old to new iPad.

If instead your initiate the trade-in separately from the purchase, using the Apple trade-in page, the trade-in is not associated with a new device. In this instance you will receive your shipping kit very quickly - and have a limited period of time within which you must send your trade-in. In this situation there is no guarantee that your new iPad will be with you prior to sending your trade-in to Apple.

Don’t forget, even if you don’t have your old device, you can still restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2022 10:57 AM in response to dwbbgun

If you select the trade-in option from the purchasing page of your new iPad, the shipping kit required to return your trade-in will itself be shipped to you shortly after you receive your new iPad. This provides opportunity to transfer data from your old to new iPad.

If instead your initiate the trade-in separately from the purchase, using the Apple trade-in page, the trade-in is not associated with a new device. In this instance you will receive your shipping kit very quickly - and have a limited period of time within which you must send your trade-in. In this situation there is no guarantee that your new iPad will be with you prior to sending your trade-in to Apple.

Don’t forget, even if you don’t have your old device, you can still restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.