You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can spyware be removed in an Apple Store?

i know I have spyware on my phone if I go to an apple store can they help me remove it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:42 AM

It’s quite unlikely that you have spyware installed on an iPhone. What I recommend you do, is ensure you are on the latest version of iOS, ensure that there are no apps installed that you don’t recognise, and check in Settings > [Your Name] and scroll down, and remove any devices you don’t recognise. Additionally, you may be well advised to just fully reset your phone.

If you could let me know what symptoms you are seeing of this spyware, this would help.

I’m sure an Apple Store would be willing to help you, although they would probably suggest a reset.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2022 6:42 AM in response to Jaylise79

It’s quite unlikely that you have spyware installed on an iPhone. What I recommend you do, is ensure you are on the latest version of iOS, ensure that there are no apps installed that you don’t recognise, and check in Settings > [Your Name] and scroll down, and remove any devices you don’t recognise. Additionally, you may be well advised to just fully reset your phone.

If you could let me know what symptoms you are seeing of this spyware, this would help.

I’m sure an Apple Store would be willing to help you, although they would probably suggest a reset.

Jan 17, 2022 6:53 AM in response to Jaylise79

If you think your Facebook account is hacked (he won’t be able to access the rest of the phone via it, that is simply not possible), do this: https://www.wikihow.com/Sign-Out-of-a-Messenger-Account-on-Other-Devices, and this: https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/guidance/turning-two-factor-authentication-facebook-messenger, to secure your account.

Are you certain that your iPhone is on your iCloud account, not his, and that in the Find My app, under the People tab, there is no one that you don’t recognise that you’re sharing your location with.

Additionally, if you had Google Maps installed, he may have shared your location with himself via it. Just uninstall it if you’re worried. (Just use Apple Maps).

Can spyware be removed in an Apple Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.