You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps crash back to home screen

Ever since I updated to iPadOS 15, when I use multitasking it crashes back to Home Screen. This is on iPad Pro 12.9 2018. I NEVER had this problem on iPadOS 14 any version. Just since the 15 upgrade. I hoped it would be fixed as we got to 15.1 and 15.2 but if anything it is worse. It doesn’t matter if it is a third-party apps or even 2 native apps, same crash. Anyone have any idea how to fix the? I combed the web and support forums. No new apps were loaded. Just the iPadOS update.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Tried the brute-force reset?

Back up, perform a factory reset, and reload your data.

Info and links: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

7 replies

Feb 8, 2022 8:01 AM in response to margrét0519

margrét0519 wrote:

I have the same problem on iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation). The app or apps frezes in slideover or split screen mode. But only if I am writing text or editing text on the keyboard. Not if I am using the Apple pencil (drawing or handwriting). And it gets worse each time the system update since iOs 15.

Perform the backup-reset-restore sequence linked above, then contact Apple Support if the problem persists.

Apps crash back to home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.