You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch to another payment method for an already running subcription?

I have found how to add payment details etc, but not how to change my current icloud subscription to a different credit card (which is already added to payment methods).

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:03 AM

Thank you for this, but as explained in my text above, I have already figured out how to add or change payment methods GENERALLY. However, I have some running subscriptions on Icloud with my private Visa credit card, but I want to change THAT particular ongoing subscription to my business American express card.

How can that particular change be arranged?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2022 5:03 AM in response to vintres

Thank you for this, but as explained in my text above, I have already figured out how to add or change payment methods GENERALLY. However, I have some running subscriptions on Icloud with my private Visa credit card, but I want to change THAT particular ongoing subscription to my business American express card.

How can that particular change be arranged?

Jan 10, 2022 5:15 AM in response to vintres

A payment method is for your single account as a whole. It can't be segregated to different payment mentions for different services used by your Apple ID.

When you change your payment information, it's automatically updated for all apps and services that you use with your Apple ID. Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods advises: When you change your payment information, it's automatically updated for all apps and services that you use with your Apple ID (my emphasis).

The only way you achieve different payments for different bills is to add other cards then reorder them (the one on top is the one which will be used) when you have a particular service's bill coming due.

Jan 10, 2022 4:27 AM in response to vintres

Apple has posted this support document which should help you: Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.

To update a payment method, tap the payment method, then edit your information. You may need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card. If you see Apple Pay after the last four digits of the card number, go to the Wallet app to edit the card information.

A further section describes the same process on a Mac.

1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
  2. Click your name or the sign in button at the bottom of the sidebar.
  3. Click View Information.
  4. Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit to the right of Payment Type.) You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  5. From here, you can do these things:
    • Update a payment method – click Edit next to the payment method. You may need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card.

How to switch to another payment method for an already running subcription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.