📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant remember my passcode on my phone and its locked how do i get it back to factory settings in ICloud

I can't remember my passcode on my iphone7 I've tried to restore it on iTunes several times that didn't work can I restore to factory settings in iCloud

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 3:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 4:04 PM

If your iPhone has iOS 15.2 or later installed, check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Otherwise, see this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2022 4:04 PM in response to marsh08

If your iPhone has iOS 15.2 or later installed, check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Otherwise, see this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

Jan 8, 2022 4:12 PM in response to marsh08

How to reset your device

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try entering your passcode until your device asks you to try again later. When you're able to, repeat this step until you see the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.
  2. Tap Erase [Device], then tap Erase [Device] again to confirm.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID on your device.
  4. Tap Erase [Device] to permanently delete all of your data and settings.
  5. When your device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.

Source: How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you can't reset your device

i cant remember my passcode on my phone and its locked how do i get it back to factory settings in ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.