You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Messages App & Standard Keyboard Operations

My keyboard does not seem to work with the MacOS messages app (e.g., shift -> select to selected multiple messages, apple key -> delete to delete a message, etc.), is there a way to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 11:25 AM

5 replies

Jan 5, 2022 12:27 PM in response to Barney-15E

In the left hand pane are a list of conversations. Each conversation contains one of more messages, which are displayed in the right hand pane. I am attempting to select multiple conversations (e.g., shift -> click or apple key -> click). I am also trying to use the delete key or apple -> delete to delete a single selected conversation (e.g., standard keyboard shortcuts). Neither of these operations appear to be supported. I would have sworn these were supported in earlier versions of this application.

Bottom line: How can I select and delete multiple conversations from the left hand pane?

MacOS Messages App & Standard Keyboard Operations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.