You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail doesn't load remote content in Mac OS 11.5.2

Hi,

Ever since my mom upgraded her 12" MacBook to 11.5.2 Mac Mail stopped loading remote images. (She did not have this issue in 11.5.1.) I looked at her Mail preferences and they all look correct. Here's a screenshot:

I also checked her other settings in Preferences and everything looks correct. Unfortunately, I can't test anything on my Mac since it's a 2010 MacBook Pro running10.13.6. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

MacBook

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 5:47 PM

5 replies

Jan 1, 2022 5:00 AM in response to BrianInCalifornia

How to Disable Remote Loading of Content and Images in Mail for Mac

1. Open the Mail app in Mac OS.
  2. Pull down the “Mail” menu and go to “Preferences”
  3. Click the “Viewing” tab.
  4. Uncheck the box for “Load remote content in messages”
  5. Exit out of Mail Preferences.

At the sometime - update to latest version of Big Sur 11.6.2 released Dec 13, 2021

Jan 1, 2022 9:49 PM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips wrote:

How to Disable Remote Loading of Content and Images in Mail for Mac
{snip}

The issue is my mom wants to enable loading remote content, not disable it. It's disabled now, which she doesn't want. The issue is that it was enabled prior to 11.5.2 and now it's disabled. My mother subscribes to a lot of newsletters so she likes being able to read them in Mail.

Thanks,

Brian

Mac Mail doesn't load remote content in Mac OS 11.5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.