You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked 6s screen

When I read the Apple Policies & Procedures, it stated that Apple will replace my I phone with a new I phone if the screen is cracked. My ? Is, who do I need to contact to make arrangements to either get a new I phone or get it fixed?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 10:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:59 AM

Even under warranty a cracked screen is usually going to be accidental damage that isn’t covered. But it’s highly unlikely that a 6s is still under warranty, and the conditions where the glass cracks spontaneously due to a covered defect are exceedingly rare. There rare point defects in the glass where it might crack under normal use.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2021 8:59 AM in response to Community User

Even under warranty a cracked screen is usually going to be accidental damage that isn’t covered. But it’s highly unlikely that a 6s is still under warranty, and the conditions where the glass cracks spontaneously due to a covered defect are exceedingly rare. There rare point defects in the glass where it might crack under normal use.

Dec 31, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Gr82Cu

If you currently have a 6 and it is cracked, is it under warranty still? You will have to pay for getting the screen fixed-unless it is under warranty. My recommendation would be just to buy a new phone, because I don't think it will be a whole lot of money that is worth to trade in. Good luck though.

Cracked 6s screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.