You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't restore iPad with iPadOS 15.2 using iTunes

My kids messed around with settings on the iPad while i was at work and they changed the passcode. They then forgot what they changed it to and disabled the device after 10 failed tries.

I searched up guides and have followed the steps. Im logged into my account on iTunes on the laptop. Checked for any iTunes updates and its up to date

"This version on iTunes (12.10.11) is the current version."

I turned the iPad off. After a minute i press and hold the Home button and plug the iPad into the laptop.

A window pops up on iTunes saying

"There is a problem with the iPad "iPad" that requires it to be updated or restored"

I click on Restore and it starts Contacting the update server etc etc...

Then i get this message.

"To restore your iPad with iPadOS 15.2, you need to install the latest version of iTunes."

But iTunes is already up to date. I even checked the version on the iTunes website download page and it is the same version i already have.

Can someone please tell me what i need to do to get my iPad working again?

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 7:14 AM

The current version of iTunes is 12.12.2.2. Your version, 12.10.11.2, is the last one that runs on Windows 7 and 8. You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 in order to install a newer version of iTunes that is able to restore your backup to an iOS 15 device.

tt2

4 replies

Feb 19, 2022 1:58 PM in response to inkbird

Exactly we've never had to upgrade Windows whenever Apple came out with A New version of iTunes , I'm also am having the exact same issues with my iPad mini 5 after it has locked up , I also have tried to download the 12.12.2..2. version on my Windows 8 & it will not let you download it , it'll download & right when its suppose to download the software it'll tell you that you need to update your Windows to Windows 10 to get the full itunes Package & then it won't install the itunes software which is just crazy & they need to do better next time they come out with the next version for it to work on all working older Windows PCs like before because its money in paying money for something simple ,, now since I can't get the new iTunes to Restore my iPad I'm having to take it into the store .

I'm going to give you guys a little trick to fixing & Restoring your Apple Devices :

You can use your Find My Phone ( Now called Find my App ) to restore your Devices just Follow my Steps .

1. Make Sure your Devices are connected to the Find My App
  2. You need to have a Apple ID & Icloud Account
  3. Your going to login to your iCloud Account
  4. Go to the Find My Phone Section in the menu on the page
  5. Make Sure your Device is Connected to your Compter & USB Cable & WiFi
  6. At the top of the Find my Phone Click on your Device & Click on Remove
  7. Removing Your Device from the Find My Phone App will remove it & the device will then go into restore & your iOS system will then be restored to its Original state as you got it when you first Bought .

Next time Set up your Devices to use the Find My App Feature so that Next time you have a problem you can use this to restore & fix your devices & its Free & less time .

I can't restore iPad with iPadOS 15.2 using iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.