You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download the latest version of ITunes to this computer

When I try to download the latest IOS on a device it tells me that I need to down load the latest version of ITunes to my computer. How do I do that. I have not received a notification it is out of date.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 7:01 PM

It sounds like you are probably still running Windows 7 or 8, in which case you cannot update iTunes beyond 12.10.11.2 because the latest versions require Windows 10 or 11. I am very sorry to give you such bad news during the holiday season. If I am mistaken and you are in fact running Windows 10 or 11, then please provide more information such as the specific iTunes version that is installed now.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2021 7:01 PM in response to Whirlybird5032

It sounds like you are probably still running Windows 7 or 8, in which case you cannot update iTunes beyond 12.10.11.2 because the latest versions require Windows 10 or 11. I am very sorry to give you such bad news during the holiday season. If I am mistaken and you are in fact running Windows 10 or 11, then please provide more information such as the specific iTunes version that is installed now.

How do I download the latest version of ITunes to this computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.