You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop shows uncharged battery until plugged which is 100%

Hi,

My Macbook Pro 2019 2.3ghz i9 16GB shows an uncharged battery, while the battery is fully charged.

When plugged into the battery charger, the battery clearly shows as 100%, if the laptop is turned on when unplugged, it goes dark or shuts down and when turned on, it shows the battery as 0 charge / red. By simply plugging back the battery, it shows as charging and 100%.

Health information shows the cycle count at 412 and condition "service recommended", see screenshot!

Updated to latest Monterey OS version and the issue persists. So, far this has been the worse laptop I've purchased from Apple, the keyboard is bad, I can hear the laptop doing a "click" sound after a few minutes after turning it on, not sure what that is too.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:50 AM

Your symptoms are those of a failing battery

Probably you will need to replace it.

You can try to reset the SMC of your Mac , but that probably won't help.

Similar questions

1 reply

Laptop shows uncharged battery until plugged which is 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.