You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the PHOTOS App Preference, where are "Download Originals to this Mac" stored in High Sierra?

I use to store them on an External drive but due to OS issues I did a complete new install after erasing my Macintosh HD and I am piecing everything back together. The good thing is everything is working correctly now.

I have almost 150,000 photos on my iCloud drive with 2 TB of storage and PHOTOS is storing 805 GB of photos and videos there. I just received a warning stating my iMac drive (s) is almost full but it didn't say which drive.

Where are these downloaded Photos stored. It must be originally on my Mac HD somewhere. I am using a 2 TB HD in my iMac, not the original 1 TB.

Thanks

Andy

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 5:23 PM

Your photo library is in the Pictures album in your user folder.

Similar questions

1 reply

In the PHOTOS App Preference, where are "Download Originals to this Mac" stored in High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.