You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage Activation Error

Hello! I received my new phone over 30+ hours ago and I’ve never been able to sync my phone number to my imessage. I’ve contacted my carrier and apple many times and i’ve followed all of the reset and troubleshooting steps and it still isn’t working. An apple supervisor is telling me I have to wait 5 days until they can contact the engineers but I was hoping someone might have another idea. I’ve also tried using another phone and the same issue occurred, we purchased 5 other phones as well and no one seems to have this issue. If anyone might know of another troubleshooting method plz share!! Thank you in advance!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 6:31 AM

You've probably seen this:

'If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime' click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201422

We recently has to reactivate Messages and restarting the device cleared up the issue.

1 reply

imessage Activation Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.