You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not using Maps in Apple Watch Series 3 with OS watch 8.1(19R570)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I've been using Apple Watch Series 3 (OS Watch 7) for 2 years. I really like using Maps on the apple watch. It's very useful for me when I ride a motorbike. My apple watch will show the route real-view (like when using maps from the phone, the position is following the route I was taking, with quick glance I know when to turn and how far, instead of the turn-by-turn list navigation.

Recently. I update my apple watch up to OS watch 8.1, the Maps can not use

For example:

This is a picture shows my location by Blue circle

When I move, the blue circle follows me but the Map does not automatically change following the blue circle so I can not determine the next direction like before (OS watch 7).

BTW, the distance always display "0 meters" when chosen the turn-by-turn list mode

For more information:

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS is 15.1

Apple Watch OS 8.1

Please give me advice on these issues! Thanks

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 9:25 PM

Hello Cat0612!

Have you tried to hard reset your Apple Watch?

If hard resetting do not work, I suggest you do an iCloud backup for your Apple Watch. After backing up your Apple Watch, do a factory reset. You can install all your data to the watch from the iCloud backup you have made.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2021 9:25 PM in response to Cat0612

Hello Cat0612!

Have you tried to hard reset your Apple Watch?

If hard resetting do not work, I suggest you do an iCloud backup for your Apple Watch. After backing up your Apple Watch, do a factory reset. You can install all your data to the watch from the iCloud backup you have made.

Can not using Maps in Apple Watch Series 3 with OS watch 8.1(19R570)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.