You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD Blocked

Greetings,

I have an iPad, which has an icloud account in my name but it tells me that the appleid does not exist at the time I want to recover the account.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad 2

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 3:13 PM

You’ve seemingly lost control of the Apple ID a year ago? That’s not good.

Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, and it’s intentionally not easy to bypass.

You either need to recover that Apple ID and password, or you need the original purchase receipt showing the serial number and a discussion directly with Apple. Otherwise, this iPad is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPad.

Recovering the Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2021 3:13 PM in response to Joicesolano

You’ve seemingly lost control of the Apple ID a year ago? That’s not good.

Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, and it’s intentionally not easy to bypass.

You either need to recover that Apple ID and password, or you need the original purchase receipt showing the serial number and a discussion directly with Apple. Otherwise, this iPad is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPad.

Recovering the Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

IPAD Blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.