You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to change the audio quality on Apple Music like on iPhone?

Apple Music on iPhone allows me to change the audio quality in settings to lossless or Hi-Res if I choose. Is there an option like that on iTunes for Windows or am I unable to change that and will be stuck with AAC?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 5:48 PM

Hi AbelardoBenitez,

We understand you're looking for the lossless audio setting in iTunes. We're happy to offer some guidance.

At this time Apple does not have a lossless audio function in iTunes. Currently it is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, HomePod, Apple TV, and Android.

About lossless audio in Apple Music

If you'd like to see an option for lossless added to iTunes, you can make that suggestion to Apple here: Product Feedback

Hope this helps. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2021 5:48 PM in response to AbelardoBenitez

Hi AbelardoBenitez,

We understand you're looking for the lossless audio setting in iTunes. We're happy to offer some guidance.

At this time Apple does not have a lossless audio function in iTunes. Currently it is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, HomePod, Apple TV, and Android.

About lossless audio in Apple Music

If you'd like to see an option for lossless added to iTunes, you can make that suggestion to Apple here: Product Feedback

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Is there a way to change the audio quality on Apple Music like on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.