You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

horizontal green stripe on macbook pro touch bar 2020 Monterey 12.0.1

Has anyone encounter this issue: a horizontal stripe on the touch bar?

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 1:18 PM

I decided to visit the Apple Store. Apparently it is a hardware issue that requires the replacement of the board in the main body of the unit ($585.00). It is, without question, slightly annoying since the unit exceeds the 1 year warranty by a single month-- and treated with meticulous care. There is just something not quite right when one purchases an item just shy of $2000.00 and it fails to operate as it should at 13 months. I have always had good luck with Apple products, but such an experience does leave a sour taste in one's mouth. But it is what is, I guess.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2021 1:18 PM in response to SnickZ.

I decided to visit the Apple Store. Apparently it is a hardware issue that requires the replacement of the board in the main body of the unit ($585.00). It is, without question, slightly annoying since the unit exceeds the 1 year warranty by a single month-- and treated with meticulous care. There is just something not quite right when one purchases an item just shy of $2000.00 and it fails to operate as it should at 13 months. I have always had good luck with Apple products, but such an experience does leave a sour taste in one's mouth. But it is what is, I guess.

horizontal green stripe on macbook pro touch bar 2020 Monterey 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.