You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Shortcuts not working correctly on I Watch 8.1 with IOS8 (iOS 15.1 on phone)

I have a problem with iOS 15.1 and Apple Watch 8.1. I use a number of siri shortcuts for my home lighting with the Hive App. These shortcuts worked perfectly on my iPhone and my watch app until updating the software to iOS 15. The shortcuts still work on the iPhone, but when I give the instructions to Siri on my Watch I get a number of requests asking me to to share data with (null)?” I have to say allow twice and still physically press the screen button twice to get the the relevant lighting function to work. I’ve removed and re-added my watch, re-set all of the Siri Shortcuts but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 3:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:17 AM

Hello Fatboydon,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand your concern with Siri Shortcuts not working properly with the Hive app. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's close the Hive app and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Test the shortcut again. If the same thing is happening, toggle Siri Suggestions off and back on:

Siri Suggestions on iPhone

If the issue persists, delete the Hive app and download it again.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Fatboydon

Hello Fatboydon,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand your concern with Siri Shortcuts not working properly with the Hive app. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's close the Hive app and restart your iPhone and Apple Watch: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Test the shortcut again. If the same thing is happening, toggle Siri Suggestions off and back on:

Siri Suggestions on iPhone

If the issue persists, delete the Hive app and download it again.

Best Regards.

Siri Shortcuts not working correctly on I Watch 8.1 with IOS8 (iOS 15.1 on phone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.