You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs power button stuck

The power button on my iPhone xs is stuck--is there any way for me to get it unstuck?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 12:52 PM

In case anyone with the same problem is reading this:

The problem resolved on its own after about a week. I think a piece of grit got stuck in the mechanism and it eventually dislodged on its own.

Everyone I asked for help either gave me inane, obvious answers like MrBill above, or tried to convince me to send the phone in for service. I’m really glad I didn’t do that, because it would have been expensive, and it ultimately wasn’t necessary. So if you’re having the same problem, my advice is give it a week or two before paying money for repairs, because the problem might resolve itself.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2021 12:52 PM in response to littlebird818

In case anyone with the same problem is reading this:

The problem resolved on its own after about a week. I think a piece of grit got stuck in the mechanism and it eventually dislodged on its own.

Everyone I asked for help either gave me inane, obvious answers like MrBill above, or tried to convince me to send the phone in for service. I’m really glad I didn’t do that, because it would have been expensive, and it ultimately wasn’t necessary. So if you’re having the same problem, my advice is give it a week or two before paying money for repairs, because the problem might resolve itself.

iphone xs power button stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.