You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X shows wrong track time after inserting silence of 32 bars

Logic Pro 10.7.1

Macbook Pro M1 13' 2020

As per the subject.

While making a project I decided to make it longer. I chose to add some blank time (32 bars) into the project at the 32 bars mark, using the function EDIT > INSERT TIME > INSERT SILENCE AT LOCATORS. The locators had a 32 bar gap between them.

Ever since I did this, the project timer shows 00:00:00.00 until it hits the end of the first 32 bars of the project. It then begins to count the time from 00:00:00.00 starting at the beginning of the 33rd bar.

• I've saved the project, quit and reloaded Logic multiple times.
  • I've toggled between all time formats in preferences, then back to the original SMPTE/EBU with subframes.

Not really sure what else could help for this kind of issue.

It's quite off-putting.

Does anyone know if this has a known solution or if it's a bug? I found many posts online but nothing that directly matched this issue and no solutions.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:45 AM

Solved it by accessing EDIT > TEMPO > SHOW TEMPO LIST.

Deleted unwanted lines, leaving only one. And setting position to 1 1 1 1 and SMPTE position to 0.

Still have no idea how this happened and not willing to try recreating it any time soon!

1 reply

Logic Pro X shows wrong track time after inserting silence of 32 bars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.