You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playback in Photos

Can one change the spacebar to play back video (like FCP) and not require it to be Option Space?

This is a big inconsistency @Apple!

Would be great if the JKL keys worked the same way they do in FCP too!

Many thanks!

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:57 AM

You can do it with a macro app like Keyboard Maestro .  

I just tested it out and it works as expected in the full screen playback.  It doesn't work in the Preview mode.  Keyboard Maestro has a demo version you can try out before purchasing.  

Also there are other macro apps available at the App Store.  Just search for "macro".

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 10:57 AM in response to knujit

You can do it with a macro app like Keyboard Maestro .  

I just tested it out and it works as expected in the full screen playback.  It doesn't work in the Preview mode.  Keyboard Maestro has a demo version you can try out before purchasing.  

Also there are other macro apps available at the App Store.  Just search for "macro".

Nov 28, 2021 3:47 PM in response to knujit

In my opinion it's the most powerful macro app available. If all you're going to use it for simple key remapping there are less expensive apps available.

I can change Safari's use of a css file and minimum font size with a simple key combination:

I used to use QuickKeys but when I couldn't remember the key combination it was entirely too difficult to find them. With KM it's a breeze.

Video playback in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.