You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latency Problems with Logic Pro 10

I'm experiencing an unacceptable latency when recording guitars with Logic on my new 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16" version, which is ridiculous. I'm using Presonus AudioBox iTwo audio interface. I'm testing variety of settings for audio options in Logic, but even minumum buffer size ot 32 samples gives me an unacceptable latency. This problem don't exists on Windows computer, and even on my old 2013 MacBook Pro was better than this! I treid to unplug any devices from the macbook and plug just the usb cable ot the interface - the result is the same. I tried to change Processing Threads option from Auto to 10 cores and Process Buffer Range to any of the options there - no luck at all.

MacOS Monterey

Logic Pro 10.7 /I tried 10.6 too, but the latency is the same/

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 1:18 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, of course I use plugins, It won't be any latency if not :D But the LowLatencyMode is not an option for me, I just want to play, not only to record. Latency was not playable at all. I said "was" because I've found the problem....

By default Plugin latency -> Compensation setting is set to "All". For some reason this introduces unwanted latency?! The correct setting if you play guitar with vst plugins is "Audio and Software Instrument Tracks". This solves the problem.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2021 1:18 AM in response to yoyoBen

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, of course I use plugins, It won't be any latency if not :D But the LowLatencyMode is not an option for me, I just want to play, not only to record. Latency was not playable at all. I said "was" because I've found the problem....

By default Plugin latency -> Compensation setting is set to "All". For some reason this introduces unwanted latency?! The correct setting if you play guitar with vst plugins is "Audio and Software Instrument Tracks". This solves the problem.

Nov 22, 2021 8:28 AM in response to alvaro augusto

Please don't give me this cr**. I've read everything about this kind of stuff, I'm doing this for many years. I know how to setup my software, but just didn't work for Logic for some reason........ I just installed Studio One 5, just for the test....Everything is instant, even on higher buffers than Logic. I'm sorry, but shame on you, Apple......

Latency Problems with Logic Pro 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.