You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I am sharing an Apple Music account with my dad and I want my own but don’t remember my Apple ID so I want to make another one to have my own playlist and account

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 8:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 8:23 PM

Gxrr3tt Said:

"Apple Music: I am sharing an Apple Music account with my dad and I want my own but don’t remember my Apple ID so I want to make another one to have my own playlist and account"

-------

Three Things here:

A. Don't share an Apple ID:

Whomever it is (dad or not), it is best to keep your Apple ID to yourself. Elsewise, purchases or other mishaps may take place.

B. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

Even if you opened a new Apple ID, you cannot use Apple-purchased music on a different account. So, it is best to keep one account.

C. Recovering your Account:

Go Here:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2021 8:23 PM in response to Gxrr3tt

Gxrr3tt Said:

"Apple Music: I am sharing an Apple Music account with my dad and I want my own but don’t remember my Apple ID so I want to make another one to have my own playlist and account"

-------

Three Things here:

A. Don't share an Apple ID:

Whomever it is (dad or not), it is best to keep your Apple ID to yourself. Elsewise, purchases or other mishaps may take place.

B. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

Even if you opened a new Apple ID, you cannot use Apple-purchased music on a different account. So, it is best to keep one account.

C. Recovering your Account:

Go Here:

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.