You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing macOS on separate APFS volume

Hello. I'm running Monterey on my iMac (clean install). I've installed Mojave too on another APFS volume on the same disk to run old 32 bits apps. It runs fine. I restart the iMac with 'Option' key to switch from Monterey to Mojave. However I can't do the same to switch back to Monterey. Monterey does not seem to be recognized as a startup disk when running Mojave. I have to turn the iMac off then on again, which is not practical. Is there anything wrong in my setup, or is it a bug somewhere ?

Thanks for your help

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 5:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 5:30 AM

While in Monterey set it as your StartUpDisk. Then Option-boot to a Mojave volume. Then just boot back to Monterey. After resetting PRAM you might have to do that again.

Similar questions

3 replies

Installing macOS on separate APFS volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.