You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages do not sync across Apple devices

Despite following all the Apple instructions to sync my messages across my devices by enabling iCloud, my messages will not sync using macOS Monterey. This was also true for Big Sur and previous OS versions

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 3:15 PM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2021 5:24 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hi ShannonM1,

I have the same problem.. just bought new MacBook Air, upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey. Despite following all the Apple instructions to sync my messages across my devices by enabling iCloud, my messages will not properly sync using macOS Monterey. All other devices sync perfectly (older iMac and MacBook Pro).

When I click on "synchronize now" on the MacBook Air, it takes a very long time. And even then, most conversations are OK, others are missing bits and pieces.

Any advice?

Thanks, Leen.

Nov 8, 2021 12:59 PM in response to ellynfromsarasota

Hello ellynfromsarasota,

We understand that you're having trouble with viewing messages across your device and that you did review the article: Use Messages in iCloud

So to confirm, all devices are using the same Apple ID, are logged in, and have Messages selected in iCloud? Do all messages fail to sync over all devices, or does only the Mac fail to receive anything?

Thanks!

Messages do not sync across Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.