You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrate existing iTunes music library from iTunes on PC to Apple Music

I currently have had iTunes for PC for over 10 years now. I am considering moving to Apple Music and wanted to know how I can move/migrate all of my songs and albums from iTunes to Apple Music without either losing them or having to repurchase them. Thank you.

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 3:04 PM

OK, I assume you mean you are thinking about subscribing to Apple,e Music on your PC via iTunes. Once you subscribe and turn on iCloud Music library in iTunes, all your music will be uploaded to the cloud so you can listen to it on any device. You will no longer need to (nor can) sync your library to an iPhone with iTunes (as I assume you have done in the past). There is no way I or anyone else can guarantee there will be no problems. That is why I suggested you backup your current library (and have it available if you unsubscribe).

Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Apple Support

And see the 'On your PC with iTunes for Windows' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support'

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2021 3:04 PM in response to BobMA2

OK, I assume you mean you are thinking about subscribing to Apple,e Music on your PC via iTunes. Once you subscribe and turn on iCloud Music library in iTunes, all your music will be uploaded to the cloud so you can listen to it on any device. You will no longer need to (nor can) sync your library to an iPhone with iTunes (as I assume you have done in the past). There is no way I or anyone else can guarantee there will be no problems. That is why I suggested you backup your current library (and have it available if you unsubscribe).

Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC - Apple Support

And see the 'On your PC with iTunes for Windows' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support'

Migrate existing iTunes music library from iTunes on PC to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.