You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the watch detect a fall if I have hooked it onto a belt loop rather than wearing it on my wrist?

Will the watch detect a fall if I have hooked it onto a belt loop rather than wearing it on my wrist?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 12:13 PM

4 replies

Nov 5, 2021 12:19 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Wrist detection is active. The situation is that I want to wear it while sleeping but don't want to wear it 24 hours/day. So I charge it during the day while working at my computer. When I get up from my computer, I don't want to put it on my wrist; I prefer it hooked onto a belt loop. So, if I fall down the steps while the watch is hooked onto my jeans, will the watch detect the fall.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.