You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

diskspace insufficient to install

I want to install OS Monterey on my Macbook pro (15 inch, 2016) pop up message NO SPACE AVAILABLE how do I proceed

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:39 AM

You have to free up space on your internal drive. You do that by deleting user data: music, docs, movies and etc.

You can move them to an external drive or upload them into a cloud storage service. iCloud is not a storage solution.

Apple has guidance on freeing up space: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2021 7:39 AM in response to gmbrekelmans

You have to free up space on your internal drive. You do that by deleting user data: music, docs, movies and etc.

You can move them to an external drive or upload them into a cloud storage service. iCloud is not a storage solution.

Apple has guidance on freeing up space: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

diskspace insufficient to install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.