You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrist Detection is not working as IT SHOULD

I have a serious problem. I want wrist detection on BUT if it is, I do not get Text Notifications on my phone if it's locked. I want it on because of what it enables in the watch. Call SOS autoomically with fall detection, Heart rate tracking and so on. I'm 70 years old and those items I WANT ON.

Why did Apple not make that an option, Wrist Detection on and Alerts on a locked oPhone????

I sincerly hope somebody or Apple has a solution as I called TS and they said there is no way to do this.

I sure hope I don't all and get knocked out as my watch won't call 911 for me.

Thanks,

Rich

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 11:28 AM

If anyone, regardless of age, falls and is rendered unconscious, that would seem to be an emergency.

Make sure that you have the vibrations set to "Prominent" in the Watch App>Sounds & Haptics>Prominent. The Watch has sound as well as vibration. So, make sure that silent mode is turned off as well.

4 replies

Nov 4, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Hawkcode1

The way notifications work if you have an iPhone and a Watch:

iPhone locked/Watch locked - notifications sound on phone

iPhone locked/Watch unlocked - notifications sound on watch

That is the way Apple says it should work. I have no idea what your age has to do with it.

If you would like to see something different, you can let Apple know here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Nov 4, 2021 11:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Here's what my age has to do with it. If I take a fall and on conscience the watch will ask me if I fell or if I need SOS. If I'm not conscious it will not call SOS according to the screenshot I shared.

The notification I don't notice them on the watch like I do on the iPhone because It plays it loud. I don't always detect the watch vibration.

Wrist Detection is not working as IT SHOULD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.