You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Detecting water?

If it passes 24hrs and it still says detecting water and you trie different charges, will I have to make an appointment with apple?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 9:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 9:33 PM

I assume you plugged in your phone, and it said water was detected and could not charge. It can take a while to dry, depending on how much water entered.

For the newer phones, it's not a problem if you have an older one, then it's different.

2 replies

Nov 3, 2021 9:41 PM in response to Marisol-27

Marisol-27 Said:

"Detecting water?: If it passes 24hrs and it still says detecting water and you trie different charges, will I have to make an appointment with apple?"

-------

Take it to a Retailer:

Other than Apple, another way is to take it to a retailer, seeing if they have a device that gets the water out of a phone. Retailers have these.

Detecting water?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.