You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

Hi,

I got a notification about someone trying to log into my account from a different country. I thought that I could wipe out all my things that are associated with my iphone. Is there any recommendations on how to completely wipe it out so that these guys don’t log into my account. Or should I create a all new account with you guys? Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 6:19 PM

henry2424 Said:

"Stolen iphone: Hi, I got a notification about someone trying to log into my account from a different country. I thought that I could wipe out all my things that are associated with my iphone. Is there any recommendations on how to completely wipe it out so that these guys don’t log into my account. Or should I create a all new account with you guys? Any help would be greatly appreciated"

-------

A. Are you using a VPN?:

Using a VPN, your device may be seen in another country.

B. What type of "Notification"?:

If it is a text message, then it is a scam, and you should ignore it. Be certain you report it to Apple. Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

C. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

D. Verify the Devices:

Verify that the devices assigned to your iCloud are your devices: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2021 6:19 PM in response to henry2424

henry2424 Said:

"Stolen iphone: Hi, I got a notification about someone trying to log into my account from a different country. I thought that I could wipe out all my things that are associated with my iphone. Is there any recommendations on how to completely wipe it out so that these guys don’t log into my account. Or should I create a all new account with you guys? Any help would be greatly appreciated"

-------

A. Are you using a VPN?:

Using a VPN, your device may be seen in another country.

B. What type of "Notification"?:

If it is a text message, then it is a scam, and you should ignore it. Be certain you report it to Apple. Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

C. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

D. Verify the Devices:

Verify that the devices assigned to your iCloud are your devices: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.