You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera remote

I have an Apple Watch Series 4 and an iPhone 12 Mini. I’m currently without Wi-Fi, and relying solely upon a cellular connection. I wanted to snap a photo (with me in it) using the Camera Remote on my watch, but all I see is a message telling me both devices need to be on the same network. As my watch (GPS only version) is connected to my phone via Bluetooth, what else is there to do?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 7:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:21 PM

Oopsie! Dolt that I apparently am, I had no idea that there's a "Camera Remote" (which was not on my phone - don't know why) and a "Remote"; two separate apps. I just kept looking at the directions, and even though they used the term 'camera remote I just assumed that was the new name, and Series 4 just had "Remote." That situation has been successfully rectified. You know what they say about when you assume...

Thanks for your help!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2021 5:21 PM in response to BobHarris

Oopsie! Dolt that I apparently am, I had no idea that there's a "Camera Remote" (which was not on my phone - don't know why) and a "Remote"; two separate apps. I just kept looking at the directions, and even though they used the term 'camera remote I just assumed that was the new name, and Series 4 just had "Remote." That situation has been successfully rectified. You know what they say about when you assume...

Thanks for your help!

Camera remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.