You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ridiculous situation of the missing scroll bar in the inspector menu of FCPX - APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS!

Im aware this has been asked time after time and with no resolution from Apple...

Its a simple issue but causes huge inconvenience for users in that the scroll bar in the inspector menu is permanently set to disappear and before you mention it, no you cannot turn it on in system preferences as it is internally set this way in the program. Nor is it a third party plugin issue.

Its fine if you're using a trackpad or Magic Mouse because the two finger scroll option can shift the menu. However, if you use a Jog wheel, regular mouse or Wacom tablet, it is impossible to scroll down the menu to reach options located lower down.

I have spent hours on the phone with apple "tech support", sharing my screen and replicating the issue but they could not come up with a resolution and begrudgingly admitted its a design fault with the program. That said, they would not/could not pass on the information to the programers and it seems we are stuck with the issue.

I have reported the issue several times online with no response.

Does anyone personally know someone at Apple that can slip a note to the FCPX team and ask them to permanently restore the inspector scroll bar? Just as it is in every other FCPX menu window!

One frustrated user

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 2:22 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Oct 30, 2021 3:58 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for your opinion. Im glad it works for you but as I mentioned, numerous apple techs have realized the issue and replicated it on their own machines. So many other people experience this issue and yes we know about the "always" option.

Just for your viewing pleasure I have attached screen grabs of my pref settings displaying the same settings as your own.

Ridiculous situation of the missing scroll bar in the inspector menu of FCPX - APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.