You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon ipf8300 8300 printer not working after firmwareupdate

Is there any way I could get my ipf8300 8300 printer to work with mac again? I only get "filter failed" after updating firmware and driver seems not supported to catalina. Canon says no. The printer is 10 years its only to through away. That is such a waste since the printer is working. Nozzle check is ok. But communication is not working. Should never had updated firmware. Please help on what to do. I have tried also windows machine ang a mini mac with big sur and the other newer os. Not connection. Its a 6000$ machine, not much used, and just to put in recycling? To bad.

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 6:54 AM

tifure wrote:

Is there any way I could get my ipf8300 8300 printer to work with mac again? I only get "filter failed" after updating firmware and driver seems not supported to catalina. Canon says no. The printer is 10 years its only to through away. That is such a waste since the printer is working. Nozzle check is ok. But communication is not working. Should never had updated firmware. Please help on what to do. I have tried also windows machine ang a mini mac with big sur and the other newer os. Not connection. Its a 6000$ machine, not much used, and just to put in recycling? To bad.

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2021 6:54 AM in response to tifure

tifure wrote:

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

canon ipf8300 8300 printer not working after firmwareupdate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.