You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been locked out of my iPhone because I forgot my six digit passcode can you help me?

I have been locked out of my iPhone because I forgot my six digit passcode can you help me?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 5:11 PM

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

3 replies

Oct 26, 2021 5:27 PM in response to Bobbybour

Thank you, but I have another question. I use thumb print to unlock my iCloud instead of password/ passcode . If I go and use someone else computer that needs my password, how can can I be sure I can remember it. I would like to test my memory to see if I can open my account before I go to my friends computer. How do I bypass the thumb print password?

Oct 26, 2021 5:49 PM in response to Bobbybour

When you unlock using a fingerprint there is an option to use your password instead, or just use a different finger several times so your fingerprint fails and it will prompt for your password.

To not depend entirely on your memory, you can write it down, or save it in the Keychain app on your phone, or use a 3rd party password vault such as the highly rated 1Password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.