You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Atmos version of Daddy's Home by St. Vincent Gone!?!

Why did the Atmos version of the album Daddy's Home by St. Vincent vanish from Apple Music?

While crazy, it was a shining example of the media format done right. Too much Atmos sounds terrrible, upmixers can do a better job with a stereo version, but this one worked well. It was a treat to listen to, even if it required some focus to really get in to.

Try Half Moon Run's 'How Come my Body' for another example of Atmos done correctly.

Sad...

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:21 PM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2021 7:50 AM in response to lkrupp

Wasn’t an accusation. Something strange is observed. Is it a local issue, or a global issue? I was unable to determine which, so I came here to see if anyone else has experienced similar.

BTW, I can think of lots of reasons why Apple might pull an Atmos version. The Lord Huron is a solid album that was not done well in Atmos, IMHO. Perhaps some of the artists were not satisfied with the versions. It is a relatively new format, and there is definitely a lot for producers to learn, having listen to quite a bit.

I would say this is all moot, it is a local problem, but, I have checked my AppleTV, and it has the same issue! Atmos versions disappearing and reappearing!?! (Yes, I tested, if it doesn’t list Atmos, it plays in stereo.)

I tried deleting and re-adding through both iPhone and AppleTV. Same issue.

Dolby Atmos version of Daddy's Home by St. Vincent Gone!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.