You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When are the emails from Hide my email forwarded?

I tried hide my email on a couple of accounts and other than receiving the notification in my email that the hidden email was turned on and forwarding to my actual email account, I have not gotten any other emails. I tried sending myself an email to one of the fake email accounts and have yet to see it come through. It's been 10 hours and I have not received anything. The iCloud shows the hide my email is active and it is forwarding to the proper email address. Is there something stopping it from coming through? Its being forwarded to a gmail account.

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 9:11 PM

Well, I think hide my email is broken because I am not receiving anything in my inbox from the Hide my email system yet everything seems to be setup properly. Has anyone else had problems with this system? I have an iPhone SE 2nd edition with the 15.0.2 and 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.15.7 and I am forwarding to a gmail account.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2021 9:11 PM in response to muguy

Well, I think hide my email is broken because I am not receiving anything in my inbox from the Hide my email system yet everything seems to be setup properly. Has anyone else had problems with this system? I have an iPhone SE 2nd edition with the 15.0.2 and 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.15.7 and I am forwarding to a gmail account.

Oct 24, 2021 9:52 AM in response to muguy

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the junk mail and I have not received anything there or in the email inbox. Not sure what is going on but it seems the mail forwarding just isn't working. I have not gotten any errors back from the mail server saying the mail could not be delivered so it just disappeared somewhere in the email void.

Oct 28, 2021 7:40 AM in response to praiford

So yesterday I did receive one email from one place that I used the hide my email on. Yet I never received the test email that I had sent to that same email address. I even tried sending another test message after receiving the email from that one vendor. Still not seeing anything come in. So my question now is, is the hide my email tide to the app or vendor that I created it for?

Example, if I created an email called "PizzaShopThisAtiCloud.com" and I use it for the Big John's toolbox webpage to send me some information, shouldn't I be able to send a test message to this PzzaShop email that I created and have it show up in my inbox of my gmail account that the hide my email is set to send to? or is it only going to accept emails coming from Big John's toolbox? (FYI, the above email address and web pages are bogus as far as I am aware and are only being used as an example hence the reason for spelling out the at in the email)

When are the emails from Hide my email forwarded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.