You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the last few days, my Pages seems to be crashing. What might I need to do?

Has Pages been crashing for you?

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:37 AM

Things to try:

1. See if the crashing occurs only when you try certain documents. If so, those documents may be corrupted and you need to restore them from a Time Machine backup.
  2. Restart your Mac. This can be surprisingly effective in clearing up problems.
  3. Make sure you have updated MacOS (System Preferences > Software Update)
  4. Log into another user account on your Mac and see if the problem occurs there too.
  5. Go to Launchpad and uninstall Pages (hold down option key until the icons "quiver" then click the x by Pages). Then download Pages again from the Mac App Store.

This all assumes you aren't running an ancient Mac and have kept things reasonably up-to-date.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 7:37 AM in response to teresafromport

Things to try:

1. See if the crashing occurs only when you try certain documents. If so, those documents may be corrupted and you need to restore them from a Time Machine backup.
  2. Restart your Mac. This can be surprisingly effective in clearing up problems.
  3. Make sure you have updated MacOS (System Preferences > Software Update)
  4. Log into another user account on your Mac and see if the problem occurs there too.
  5. Go to Launchpad and uninstall Pages (hold down option key until the icons "quiver" then click the x by Pages). Then download Pages again from the Mac App Store.

This all assumes you aren't running an ancient Mac and have kept things reasonably up-to-date.

SG

In the last few days, my Pages seems to be crashing. What might I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.