You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I use to have an Apple ID which I don’t use anymore but it was still connected to my watch

i tried to change it to my new Apple ID so I reset my watch but now I have problems with the activation lock because I have forgotten my previous Apple ID password

please is there a way to bypass that?

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 10:57 PM

May I suggest reviewing the Activation Lock article for Apple Watch to see if that helps you?

My understanding is that as long as you know the current password for your Apple ID, you can disable activation lock.

Failing that, you may need to get in touch with Apple Support who should be able to assist you further, however you may require some proof of purchase or ownership.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2021 10:57 PM in response to missBibi10

May I suggest reviewing the Activation Lock article for Apple Watch to see if that helps you?

My understanding is that as long as you know the current password for your Apple ID, you can disable activation lock.

Failing that, you may need to get in touch with Apple Support who should be able to assist you further, however you may require some proof of purchase or ownership.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.